Happy New Year! We’ve now stepped foot in 2015!
I would say I’m sad to see 2014 go but no indeed. 2014 was a rough year personally and in my community. Don’t get me wrong I did a lot in 2014 but still my skin has grown thicker. If I had to give it a theme, I would call 2014 “The Year of Making Up for Lost Time”. I was trying to remember everything I did, so here’s the list
- Strengthened my relationship with God
- Graduated with my Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University
- Served as a SEEK Mentor
- Went to Nashville for the 1st time
- Survived Snow Storm Raleigh 2014
- Served on the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department Graduate Student Association Executive Board
- Completed my 1st term as National Leadership Institute Chair on the National Executive Board for NSBE
- Took my 1st West African dance class
- Began juicing
- Served as a bridesmaid in my longtime friend’s wedding! I love you Darryl and Andrea!
- Hosted the first Foreman family reunion outside of Georgia!
- Made it back to New Orleans to celebrate a Corey’s Dirty Thirty
- Toured the U.S. Capitol Building for the first time with RNCC
- Attended The Summer Spirit Festival, a New Edition Concert and ErRo live!
- Began strengthening the relationship with people I hold dear in my life
- Went to San Francisco for the 1st time and went to the Golden Gate Bridge
- Had my 1st invited talk (Which you can find on the “Media” page, hint, hint)
- Learned CSS, beefed up my HTML, built and launched this site
- Started helping with a pilot program aimed at preparing African-American 3rd graders for Algebra by the 7th Grade (Ab7G)
- Met Judith Jamison
- Toured NASA Goddard Space Center
I believe that’s all. While that was all well and good, I’m looking forward to what 2015 will bring. So excited to keep pushing and building my life! How was your 2014? What are you looking forward to in 2015?